- ETL listed to UL 864, ULC 527, and ULC 559
- Photoelectric, integrated low-flow technology (HFS-DPRdetector head included)
- Air velocity rating from 100 ft/min to 4000ft/min (0.5m/s to20.32m/sec)
- Versatile mounting options: square or rectangular configuration
- Broad ranges for operating temperature (-4°F to 158°F) andhumidity (0% to 95% non-condensing)
- Patented sampling tube installs from front or back of thedetector with no tools required
- Cover tamper signal
- Increased wiring space with a newly added 3/4-inch conduitknockout
- Available space within housing to accommodate mountingof relay module
- Easily accessible code wheels on sensor head
- Clear cover for convenient visual inspection
- UL 268A listed
- Remote testing capability
- Requires com line power only
The HFS-D is flexible enough to fit mounting configurationsfrom square to rectangular and everything in between.
The HFS-D intelligent non-relay photoelectric duct smokedetector features a pivoting housing that fits both square andrectangular footprints capable of mounting to a round or rectangularduct. This unit senses smoke in the most challengingconditions, operating in airflow speeds of 100 to 4000 feet perminute, temperatures of -4°F to 158°F, and a humidity range of0 to 95 percent (non-condensing).
An improved cover design isolates the sensor head from thelow-flow feature for simple maintenance. A cover tamper featurewas added to indicate a trouble signal for a removed orimproperly installed sensor cover. The housing provides a 3/4-inch conduit knockout and ample space to facilitate easy wiringand mounting of the HFS-MR relay module.
The HFS-D can be customized to meet local codes and specificationswithout additional wiring. The new HFS-D is compatiblewith various remote test accessories.
WARNING: DUCT SMOKE DETECTORSHAVE SPECIFIC LIMITATIONS.DUCT SMOKE DETECTORS ARE NOT ASUBSTITUTE FOR AN OPEN AREA SMOKEDETECTOR, NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR EARLYWARNING DETECTION, AND NOT AREPLACEMENT FOR A BUILDINGS REGULARFIRE DETECTION SYSTEM.REFER TO NFPA 72 AND 90A FORADDITIONAL DUCT SMOKE DETECTORAPPLICATION INFORMATION.
Accessory Current Loads at 24 VDC: RA100Z, RTS151/RTS151KEY 12 mA max in alarm; 0 mA in standby.
System Sensor provides system flexibility with a variety ofaccessories, including two remote test stations and differentmeans of visible and audible system annunciation. As with ourduct smoke detectors, all duct smoke detector accessories areUL listed (RTS151, RTS151KEY, RA100Z: UL S2522).
|HFS-DPR ||Replacement photoelectric head for duct detector |
|DST1 ||Metal sampling tube duct width up to 1 ft (0.3 m) |
|DST1.5 ||Metal sampling tube duct widths 1 ft to 2 ft (0.3 m to 0.6 m) |
|DST3 ||Metal sampling tube duct widths 2 ft to 4 ft (0.6 m to 1.2 m) |
|DST5 ||Metal sampling tube duct widths 4 ft to 8 ft (1.2 m to 2.4 m) |
|DST10 ||Metal sampling tube duct widths 8 ft to 12 ft (2.4 m to 3.7 m) |
|P48-21-00 || End cap for metal sampling tubes |
|RA100Z ||Remote annunciator alarm LED |
|RTS151 ||Remote test station |
|RTS151KEY ||Remote test station with key |
|DCOIL ||Remote test coil required with RTS151/RTS151KEY |
|M02-04-00 ||Test magnet |
|DH400OE-1 ||Weatherproof enclosure |