- Transmitter/receiver built into same unit.
- Six user-selectable sensitivity levels.
- 16' to 328' (use BEAMLRK beyond 230') protection range.
- Removable plug-in terminal blocks.
- Digital display — no special tools required.
- Built-in automatic gain control compensates for signaldeterioration from dust buildup.
- Optional remote test station.
- Optional long-range kit (BEAMLRK) for applications in excess of 230' (70 m).
- Optional multi-mount kit (BEAMMMK) providing ceiling or wall mount capability with increased angular adjustment.
- Optional heater kits (BEAMHK and BEAMHKR) for prevention of condensation (not intended to increase or reduce the specified operating temperature).
The Fire-Lite BEAM355 and BEAM355S are intelligent, addressableprojected beam smoke detectors for protectingopen areas with high and sloping ceilings, and wideopenareas, where spot-type smoke detectors are difficultto install and maintain. Ideal applications are atriums, cathedralceilings, aircraft hangers, warehouses, sportingarenas, concert halls, and enclosed parking facilities. Theyare compatible with the MS-9600 and MS9200UD addressableFire Alarm Control Panels (FACPs). Installation ofthe single-ended reflective design is much quicker than adual-ended projected beam detector. Alignment is easilyaccomplished with an optical sight and a two-digit signalstrength meter incorporated into the beam detector. Listedfor operation from 22°F to 131°F, the BEAM355 andBEAM355S are usable in open area applications wheretemperature extremes exceed the design limits of othertypes of smoke detection.
The BEAM355 and BEAM355S are a transmitter/receiverunit and a reflector. When smoke enters the area betweenthe unit and the reflector, it causes a reduction in the signalstrength. When the smoke level (signal strength)reaches the predetermined threshold, an alarm is activated.The detectors have four standard sensitivity selectionsas well as two Adapt™ settings. When either Adapt™setting is selected, the detectors advanced software algorithmsautomatically adjust to the optimum sensitivityfor the specific environment. The protection range is 16 to328 feet and there are built-in isolators for Style 7 operation.
The BEAM355S has an integral sensitivity test feature of afilter attached to a servomotor inside the detector optics.Activation of theRTS451remote test station moves the filterinto the pathway of the light beam, testing the detectorssensitivity. This sensitivity test feature allows the user toquickly and easily meet the annual maintenance and testrequirements of NFPA 72, without physical access to thedetector.