Discontinued by the manufacturer - replaced by GN-7139CSW (917-0019-002)
- 177 candela rating (UL 1971)
- Solid-state, non-latching 90 dB Horn
- Patented, three-position test switch
- 9 VDC battery backup (7109CS & 7109LS) w/audible low battery chirp
- Nominal 2.5% sensitivity
- 5:1 signal-to-noise ratio
- Pulsing LED sensing chamber
- Fully insect screened
- Solid State LED condition indicator
- Form "C" auxiliary relay contacts for remote annunciation (CS models)
- Tandem connection up to 6 detectors per system (CS models)
- 9 Foot linecord (LS models)
- Mounting hardware adapts to standard junction boxes
- On-site maintenance washing program
- Temporal 3 Evacuation Sounding Device (713/7139)
The 710/713CS/LS and 7109/7139CS/LS photoelectric single/multiplestation smoke alarms are designed to give reliable early warning of thepresence of smoke where both audible and visual alarms are required.The series features a 90dBA solid state piezo signal and a 177 Candelastrobe with â€œFIREâ€ lettering. The strobe is listed per UL 1971.
The smoke alarm operates on the light scattering principle, a superiormethod of detection in smoldering fires, utilizing a pulsing LED lightsource and a photo diode sensor in a fully screened sensing chamber.
Every 4 to 5 seconds the pulsing LED emits an infrared beam that bypasses the photo diode under normal conditions. However, when smokeenters the sensing chamber, the infrared beam is deflected onto thesensor by the smoke particles. The LED pulse rate increases to 8 timesthe normal rate, and after the photo diode confirms that smoke is presentfor 2 consecutive pulses, it will produce the signal necessary to trip analarm.
Upon activation, the alarm will emit a 90dBA local audible signal andactivate the high intensity strobe. During the alarm period the strobe willflash at a brightness of 177 candela 60 times per minute. After the smokehas cleared from the detector, the unit will revert to the normal stand-bycondition.
|Operating Voltage ||120 VAC, 60Hz |
|Operating Current ||0.400 amps (Peak) |
|Operating Ambient Temp Range ||40F to 100F |
|Alarm Horn Rating || |
90 dB at 10 ft
|Nominal Sensitivity ||2.5% Obscuration |
|Auxiliary Relay (Standard) ||1 Form C (0.6 amp) (710/713CS and 7109/7139CS) |
|Size ||5.5" Square x 4.75" Overall Depth |
|Secondary Power Source ||Alkaline 9VDC Battery (Supplied) - 7109CS/LS and 7138CS/LS |