Discontinued by the manufacturer - replaced by GN-7139LS (917-0018-002)
Made to Order - 1 Week Lead Time and Non-Returnable
- 9 Foot linecord
- 177 candela rating (UL 1971)
- Solid-state, non-latching 90 dB Horn
- Patented, three-position test switch
- Nominal 2.5% sensitivity
- 5:1 signal-to-noise ratio
- Pulsing LED sensing chamber
- Fully insect screened
- Solid State LED condition indicator
- Mounting hardware adapts to standard junction boxes
- On-site maintenance washing program
- 710/7109 units produce a non-temporal audible alarm and are therefore not intended for locations where the desired action of the occupant(s) is evacuation. For a single-station smoke alarm with visual and temporal 3 audio alarm, see the Gentex 713LS or Gentex 7139LS.
- It is recommended that 710/713/7109/7139 Series smoke alarm be tested weekly.
-UL 217 and UL 1971 Listed
-CSFM: 7257-0569:104 (710/713CS/LS)
BFP (City of Chicago)
MSFM Listing #1929
-Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
The 710/713CS/LS and 7109/7139CS/LS photoelectric single/multiple station smoke alarms are designed to give reliable early warning of the presence of smoke where both audible and visual alarms are required. The series features a 90dBA solid state piezo signal and a 177 Candela strobe with "FIRE" lettering. The strobe is listed per UL 1971.
The smoke alarm operates on the light scattering principle, a superior method of detection in smoldering fires, utilizing a pulsing LED light source and a photodiode sensor in a fully screened sensing chamber.
Every 4 to 5 seconds the pulsing LED emits an infrared beam that by passes the photodiode under normal conditions. However, when smoke enters the sensing chamber, the infrared beam is deflected onto the sensor by the smoke particles. The LED pulse rate increases to 8 times the normal rate, and after the photodiode confirms that smoke is present for 2 consecutive pulses, it will produce the signal necessary to trip an alarm.
Upon activation, the alarm will emit a 90dBA local audible signal and activate the high intensity strobe. During the alarm period the strobe will flash at a brightness of 177 candela 60 times per minute. After the smoke has cleared from the detector, the unit will revert to the normal stand-by condition.
|Operating Voltage ||120 VAC, 60Hz|
|Operating Current ||0.400 amps (Peak)|
|Operating Ambient Temperature Range ||40F to 100F|
|Alarm Horn Rating ||90 Decibels at 10 ft|
|Nominal Sensitivity ||2.5% Obscuration|
|Size ||5.5" Square x 4.75" Overall Depth|