- Highly visible "stop sign" design acts as a deterrent.
- Sounds a powerful 105 dB warning horn when activated, drawing attention in a hurry (95 dB low volume setting can be set if desired).
- Virtually indestructible polycarbonate housing.
- Alarm helps solve the problem of unauthorized exits and entries of fire doors.
- Can be operated from both sides of the exit/entry door without using alarm delays.
- Detects both unauthorized exits and entries.
- Easy to install.
- Recommended operating temperature 32°F to 120°F (0°C to 49°C).
- Cover is UV-stabilized.
- Lifetime guarantee against breakage of polycarbonate housing within normal use (one year on electronics).
This version of the Exit Stopper continues to help solve the problems of unauthorized exits and entries of fire doors with the added feature of operating the Stopper from both sides of the exit/entry door without using alarm delays.
STI Exit Stopper with Dual Access Control contains an Exit Stopper housing with a DPDT (double pole double throw) key switch to be mounted on one side of a door or wall; and a similar looking housing, also with DPDT key switch (without an alarm), for the opposite side of the door. An authorized person with a key can disable the alarm from either side of the door. When disabled, an LED will illuminate and the door can be opened without setting off the alarm. After passing through the door, the alarm can be reset from the opposite side.
- Housing: 1/8 in. Polycarbonate
- Power Source: 9 VDC Alkaline or 12-24 VDC Wired
- Warning Horn at 1 foot: 95 dB (low) - 105 dB (high)
- Relay Contacts: Form C Dry 0-30 Volts AC/DC, 1 Amp
- Dimensions: 5.375 in. x 5.375 in. x 2 in. (137mm x 137mm x 51mm)
- Standby Current: 10 uA
- Alarm Current: 200 mA
- Recommended Operating Temperature: 32°F to 120°F (0°C to 49°C)