| || |
- Electrically compatible with existing SpectrAlert products
- Automatic selection of 12- or 24-volt operation at 15 and 15/75 candela
- Plug-in design
- Field selectable candela settings on wall and ceiling units: 15, 15/75, 30, 75, 95, 110, 115, 135, 150, 177, 185
- Same mounting plate for wall- and ceiling-mount units
- Shorting spring on mounting plate for continuity check before installation
- Tamper resistant construction
- Outdoor wall and ceiling products rated from –40°F to 151°F
- Design allows minimal intrusion into the back box
- Horn rated at 88+ dbA at 16 volts
- Rotary switch for horn tone and three volume selections
- Outdoor products UL listed to UL 1638 (strobe) and UL 464 (horn) outdoor requirements
- Outdoor products rainproof per UL 50 (NEMA 3R)
- Compatible with MDL sync module
The SpectrAlert Advance series of notification appliances is designed to simplify installations, with features such as plug in designs, instant feedback messages to ensure correct installation of individual devices, and 11 field-selectable candela settings for wall and ceiling strobes and horn/strobes.
When installing Advance products, first attach a universal mounting plate to a four-inch square, four-inch octagon or double-gang junction box. The two-wire mounting plate attaches to a single-gang junction box.
Next, connect the notification appliance circuit wiring to the SEMS terminals on the mounting plate.
Finally, attach the horn, strobe or horn/strobe to the mounting plate by inserting the product’s tabs in the mounting plate’s grooves. The device will rotate into position, locking the product’s pins into the mounting plate’s terminals. The device will temporarily hold in place with a catch until it is secured with a captured mounting screw.
The SpectrAlert Advance series includes outdoor notification appliances. Outdoor strobes and horn/strobes (two wire and four wire) are available for wall or ceiling. Outdoor horns are available for wall only. All System Sensor outdoor products are rated between minus 40 degrees Fahrenheit and 151 degrees Fahrenheit in wet or dry applications.
|Standard Operating Temperature ||32°F to 120°F (0°C to 49°C) |
|K Series Operating Temperature ||–40°F to 151°F (–40°C to 66°C) |
|Humidity Range ||10 to 93% non-condensing (indoor products) |
|Strobe Flash Rate ||1 flash per second |
|Nominal Voltage ||Regulated 12DC/FWR or regulated 24DC/FWR1 |
|Operating Voltage Range2 ||8 to 17.5 V (12V nominal) or 16 to 33 V (24 nominal) |
|Input terminal wire gauge ||12 to 18 AWG |
|Ceiling mount dimensions (including lens) ||6.8½ diameter × 2.5½ high (173 mm diameter × 64 mm high) |
|Wall mount dimensions (including lens) ||5.6½L × 4.7½W × 2.5½D (142 mm L × 119 mm W × 64 mm D) |
|Horn dimensions ||5.6½L × 4.7½W × 1.3½D (142 mm L × 119 mm W × 33 mm D) |
|Wall-mount back box skirt dimensions (BBS-2, BBSW-2) ||5.9½L × 5.0½W × 2.2½D (151 mm L × 128 mm W × 56 mm D) |
|Ceiling-mount back box skirt dimensions (BBSC-2, BBSCW-2) ||7.1½ diameter × 2.25½ high (180 mm diameter × 57 mm high) |
|Wall-mount weatherproof back box dimensions (SA-WBB) ||5.7½L × 5.1½W × 2.0½D (145 mm L × 130 mm W × 51 mm D) |
|Ceiling-mount weatherproof back box dimensions (SA-WBBC) ||7.1½ diameter × 2.0½ high (180 mm diameter × 51 mm high) |
|Notes: || |
1. Full Wave Rectified (FWR) voltage is a non-regulated, time varying power source that is used on some power supply and panel outputs.
2. P, S, PC, and SC products will operate at 12 V nominal only for 15 and 15/75 cd.