The 2018 edition of NFPA 12 provides the latest in carbon dioxide fire extinguishing systems for safe and efficient design, installation, and maintenance.
Up-to-date with code references in NFPA 3 and NFPA 4, the 2018 edition of NFPA 12: Standard on Carbon Dioxide Extinguishing Systems presents the latest consensus-based rules for the installation and maintenance of CO2 extinguishing systems. Coverage in NFPA 12 addresses total flooding systems, local application systems, hand hose line systems, standpipe systems, and mobile supplies for the full range of systems used for industrial and marine fire protection.
Changes in the 2018 edition of NFPA 12 include:
- New requirement to conduct testing of integrated fire protection and life safety systems in accordance with NFPA 4: Standard for Integrated Fire Protection and Life Safety System Testing
- New section on pipe hangers and supports
- New annex section on full discharge testing
- Revised equivalency statement that specifies the authority having jurisdiction is responsible for approving an equivalent system, method, or device
- Other changes reflecting updated referenced codes and standards
NFPA 12 is essential for fire protection designers and installers, engineers, facility managers, and inspectors
The Standard is important for anyone whose job involves carbon dioxide fire extinguishing system purchasing, design, installation, testing, inspection, approval, listing, operation, or maintenance.