Apply the 2019 edition of NFPA 70B along with NFPA 70E® to maintain electrical systems correctly and safeguard your personnel, your facility, and your business.
Electrical systems maintenance helps protect workers, avoid equipment downtime, and reduce the cost of repairs. In fact, proper maintenance is absolutely essential to the safety of your facility and your employees. Get the guidance you can trust in NFPA 70B, Recommended Practice for Electrical Equipment Maintenance. NFPA 70B details preventive maintenance for electrical, electronic, and communication systems and equipment -- such as those used in industrial plants, institutional and commercial buildings, and large multi-family residential complexes.
Used alongside the requirements in NFPA 70E®, Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace® NFPA 70B helps facility managers develop and carry out an effective Electrical Preventive Maintenance (EPM) program for all types of equipment and assemblies. Contractors look to NFPA 70B for information about properly servicing equipment, and designers depend on it for developing specifications for installation that take maintenance into account.
Updates in NFPA 70B coordinate with NFPA 70E and the "dot" standards from the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- New recommendations for performing a maintenance-related design study correlate with the latest edition of NFPA 70E.
- New references help you identify content covered in approximately 70 IEEE "dot" standards in the IEEE 3000 Standards Collection™, replacing references to the IEEE Color Books.
NFPA 70B chapters address every aspect of equipment maintenance:
- Planning and developing an Electrical Preventive Maintenance (EPM) program
- Personnel safety
- Fundamentals of electrical equipment maintenance
- System studies
- Power quality
- Testing and test methods
- Maintenance of electrical equipment subject to long intervals between shutdowns
- Ground-fault protection
- Plus detailed chapters on many different types of assemblies, equipment, cables, and devices
Stay focused on safety and your bottom line with NFPA 70B. Maintain equipment and develop your EPM using the latest guidance from the field.