If you are responsible for building fire safety, there is no substitute for the latest edition.
NFPA® 80, Standard for Fire Doors and Other Opening Protectives, offers comprehensive provisions for installing, inspecting, testing, and maintaining these life-saving fire protection systems. It provides general performance requirements for all types of fire door assemblies as well as fire windows, dampers, fabric safety curtains, and protective curtain assemblies. This critical standard is referenced in NFPA 101®, Life Safety Code®, building codes, and fire codes nationwide and around the globe.
The 2022 edition includes several changes, including:
- New provisions in Chapter 1 to clarify that NFPA 80, Standard for Fire Doors and Other Opening Protectives, does not apply for labeled fire door assemblies in openings that are not required to be protected
- New definitions for annual frequency, corridor damper, and trained rolling steel fire door systems technician
- New listing requirements for fusible links and revised provisions for fire door signage
- Relocation of job site preparation criteria from Chapter 4 to Chapter 5
- New provisions for the inspection and testing of swinging fire doors with fire door hardware
- Revision of Chapters 6 through 11 and Chapters 14 through 16 to provide consistent references to Chapters 4 and 5 for installation, inspection, testing, and maintenance
- A complete rewrite and reorganization of Chapter 7
- A number of changes for dampers in Chapter 19