- Responds well to fast-burning, flaming fires
- Designed to operate in a variety of environments
- Remote test feature
- XPERT Card addressing
- Resists steam and cigarette smoke
- Flashing LED option
- Five response modes for adaptability to changing environments
- Drift compensation to ensure constant sensitivity
- Capable of recording site specific data in the detector
- Alarm flags for fast alarm reporting
- Conventional alarm facility during control panel processor fault
- 360° visibility alarm indication
- Compatible with XP95A systems
The Discovery UL Ionization Smoke Detector uses a low activity radioactive foil to detect fires by irradiating the air in the smoke chambers and causing a current flow. If smoke enters the chamber, the current flow is reduced leading to an alarm.
Discovery is a line of high-specification, intelligent fire detectors developed to meet the requirements of sophisticated systems while providing engineers with an additional dimension in fire protection capability. Discovery has a ?distributed intelligence system? where decisions are made in the detector head as well as at the control panel. Drift compensation is also incorporated into the detector, allowing it to adapt to dirty or dusty environments, which reduces false alarms.
|58000-550 ||Discovery UL Ionization Smoke Detector |