• Excellent immunity to false sources
• Tolerant of fumes, vapors, dust, and mist
• Suitable for indoor and outdoor areas
• Unaffected by convection currents, draughts or wind
• Proven response to multiple fuel types
• Multi-spectrum detection
• Selectable output options
• Selectable response speed
• Selectable sensitivity levels
• Built-in auto and manual test
• Low current consumption
• Fast response to fire
The Talentum® flameproof triple Infra-Red (IR³) Flame Detector is designed
to protect hazardous areas where open fires may be expected and detects
almost all flames, including hydrocarbon fires with 4.3µm emissions through
to invisible fires such as hydrogen.
Flame Detector is sensitive to flickering, low frequency (1- 15Hz)
infra-red radiation emitted by flames during combustion even if the lens is
contaminated by a layer of oil, dust, water, vapor or ice.
This detector has three IR sensors that respond to different IR
wavelengths in order to discriminate between flames and spurious sources
of radiation. False alarms from flickering sunlight are avoided by
a combination of filters and signal processing techniques.
The Talentum® IR3, detector has selectable output options of relay contacts
or 4-20mA signal, as standard.