- High immunity to false sources
- Tolerant of fumes, vapors, dust, and mist
- Suitable for use in Zone 0, 1 or 2
- Suitable for indoor areas
- Unaffected by convection currents, draughts or wind
- Proven response to multiple fuel types
- Multi-spectrum detection
- Selectable output options
- Selectable response speed
- Selectable sensitivity levels
- Built-in auto and manual test
- Low current consumption
- Fast response to fire
The Talentum Intrinsically Safe (IS) dual Infra-Red (IR²) Flame
Detector is designed to protect areas where open fires maybe
expected and detects almost all flames, including hydrocarbon fires
with 4.3 m emissions through to invisible fires such as hydrogen.
The IR Flame Detector is sensitive to flickering, low frequency (1-
15Hz) infra-red radiation emitted by flames during combustion even if
the lens is contaminated by a layer of oil, dust, water, vapor or ice.
This detector has two IR sensors that respond to different IR
wavelengths in order to discriminate between flames and spurious
sources of radiation. False alarms from flickering sunlight are avoided
by a combination of filters and signal processing techniques.
The IR detector has selectable output options of relay
contacts or 4-20mA signal, as standard.