- Excellent immunity to false sources
- Tolerant of fumes, vapors, dust, and mist
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor areas
- Unaffected by convection currents, draughts or wind
- Proven response to multiple fuel types
- Selectable output options
- Selectable response speed
- Selectable sensitivity levels
- Built-in auto and manual test
- Low current consumption
- Fast response to fire
The Talentum triple Infra-Red (IR³) Flame Detector is designed to
protect areas where open fires may be expected and detects almost
all flames, including hydrocarbon fires with 4.3 m emissions through
to invisible fires such as hydrogen.
The IR³ Flame Detector is sensitive to flickering, low frequency (1-
15Hz) infra-red radiation emitted by flames during combustion even if
the lens is contaminated by a layer of oil, dust, water, vapor or ice.
This detector has three IR sensors that respond to different IR
wavelengths in order to discriminate between flames and spurious
sources of radiation. False alarms from flickering sunlight are avoided
by a combination of filters and signal processing techniques.
The IR detector has selectable output options of relay
contacts or 4-20mA signal, as standard.