The product is designed for large enclosures within oil rigs, refineries, ordnance stores, and similar premises. It provides an early warning of smoldering or strongly smoke-generative fires, which may not be picked up by flame detectors installed in many hazardous areas.
- Separate transmitter and receiver unit certified to Exd
- Allows for 2 Detectors per System Controller
- Range 5 to 100 metres, (16.4042ft to 328.084ft) configurable per set of Detectors
- Integral Laser Alignment in Receiver
- 2-wire Interface between Controller and Receiver
- Separate Fire and Fault Relays per Detector
- Remote/low Level Controller with LCD display (Safe Area)
- Programmable Sensitivity and Fire/Fault delay
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) for drift compensation
- First Fix concept for Transmitter, Receiver, and Controller
- Multiple cable gland knockouts for ease of wiring
- The transmitter can be powered from Controller
- Complies with ATEX and EN54:12
- Light Cancellation Technology
The Fireray ® 3000 Exd complies with the ATEX directive.
II 2GD IP66: Ex d IIC T5 Gb / Ex tb IIIC T95°C Db
The Transmitter head emits a narrow beam of infrared light to an associated Receiver head. Once smoke crosses through and thus obscures the IR beam path, the signal strength at the Receiver drops below a preset level which in turn results in an alarm condition.
The Fireray ® 3000 Exd has been designed so that it can be installed by one operator, with its laser-assisted alignment method combined with easy-to-use alignment LEDs offering visual feedback. An integrated laser alignment aid can be activated at the Controller.
The Fireray ® 3000 Exd also has a feature that allows for the Transmitter to be powered from the Controller by wiring directly, thus reducing the number of power supplies required.
The low-level Controller incorporates an LCD display, which offers a full icon-based, easy-to-use interface unit. This Controller enables ease of commissioning, testing, and maintenance of the beam detection system. During commissioning the detector’s fire sensitivity thresholds can be selected, along with the user variable time to fire and time to fault settings.
The system is fully compliant with the requirements of RoHS and WEEE.