- S1209F is a 120VAC photoelectric smoke detector with 9VDC battery back-up
- Includes Form A and Form C Dry Contacts
- Low or missing battery indicator
- 9VDC battery included
- Push button self test feature
- Push button functional test
- Horn frequency 3100Hz
- 85 decibel temporal 3 evacuation audible alarm
- Tandem interconnect with all Gentex tandem capable alarms
- Features Dualink® tandem interconnect
- Nominal 2.5% sensitivity
- Pulsing LED sensing chamber
- Solid state LED condition indicator
- Quick disconnect wiring harness
- Non-latching (self restoring)
- Mounting hardware adapts to standard junction boxes
- 12 month warranty from date of manufacture or 18 months from date of purchase
The Gentex S1209F photoelectric smoke alarm is a single/multiple station smoke alarms designed for use as an evacuation device in all dwelling units, including homes, apartments, hospitals, nursing homes, hotels, motels and dormitories, in compliance with ANSI/UL 217, applicable IBC/IFC/IRC Standards and NFPA 72. The S1209F includes Form A/Form C dry contacts for remote annunciation and connection to a protected premises alarm system to provide a supervisory/trouble signal.
The S1209 Series is engineered to virtually eliminate nuisance alarms and deliver outstanding performance wherever reliable fire protection is required. The S1209 Series is provided with a 9VDC battery back-up auxiliary power source in the event of an electrical failure. The battery impedance is verified and the alarm provides a low or missing battery warning. The battery drawer provides easy replacement without removing the unit from the wall or ceiling.
The Gentex S1209 Series is provided with a push button self test and functionality test feature. The push button self test verifies power operation and tests battery levels. The push and hold button functionality test analyzes the photoelectric sensing chamber for proper operation of smoke alarm. The self and functionality tests are in compliance with NFPA 72 and ANSI/UL Standards.
|Operating Voltage ||120VAC, 60Hz |
|Operating Current ||0.045A |
|Operating Ambient Temp Range ||40° to 100°F (4.4°C - 38°C) |
|Alarm Horn Rating ||meets or exceeds 85dBA at 10 ft |
|Auxillary Relay ||1 Form A & 1 Form C (0.5A) |
|Nominal Sensitivity ||2.5% Obscuration |
|Size ||Diameter at base: 5.75" |
Overall Diameter: 6.25"
|Secondary Power Source ||Duracell MN 1604 9VDC Alkaline Battery |