- No- and Low-Flow Technology: listed for velocities between 0-3,000 ft./min.
- Listed for high-temperature applications
- Interconnect up to 30 units for common functions
- Compatible for interconnection and operation with Air Products’ SL-2000 and SM-501 Series Duct Smoke Detectors, MSR Series Remote Accessories and MS Series Remote Accessories
- Accessible, discrete terminal blocks for easier wiring
- More wiring space than competitive models
- CSFM Listing and MEA Acceptance
- Compact, lightweight size means easy handling, lower shipping costs
HS-100 Series plenum smoke detectors provide early detection of smoke and products of combustion present in air moving through HVAC plenum return systems in commercial rooftop package unit applications. These devices are designed to prevent the recirculation of smoke in areas by the air handling system’s fans and blowers. Complete systems may be shut down in the event of smoke detection.
The HS-100 is designed specifically for applications where our standard external mount duct detectors cannot be utilized. Examples in addition to commerical rooftop package unit applications include air shafts, between-ceiling plenum spaces, dampers and applications requiring extremely low or no air velocity (= 100 ft/min).
The HS-100 Series smoke detector is fitted with a mounting base that will accept an ionization smoke detector head model 55000-225 or photoelectric smoke detector head model 55000-328. The duct unit supports one set of form "C" alarm contacts, one form "A" alarm contact and one form "B" trouble contact. The trouble contact supervises the presence of the input power and the removal of the smoke detector head.
This detector is not intended for open area protection nor should it be used for early warning detection or replace a regular fire detection system.
|Power Requirements ||230VAC, 115VAC, 24VAC, 24VDC |
|Dimensions ||6" Dia. X 4.0" H Overall / 2.6" from back box front |
|Mounting ||Standard 4" square back box, not included |
|Air Velocity ||0 to 3,000 ft./min. |
|Ambient Temperature ||32°F to 158°F (0°C to 70°C) |