Trust the 2018 edition of the NFPA 101: Life Safety Code Handbook to help you make the right safety decisions in the built environment, where every decision has the potential to impact lives. For application advice, nothing compares! This unique reference combines Code text and expert commentary, so you're better prepared to comply the first time and avoid costly mistakes, violations, and job delays.
You need expert support along with the Code. The full-color 2018 edition Life Safety Code Handbook is the only reference in the industry that provides:
- Side-by-side presentation of occupancy requirements for new and existing occupancies for easy comparison -- this feature alone makes the Handbook a must!
- The complete 2018 Life Safety Code text, featuring an expanded scope that now includes hazardous materials emergencies, injuries from falls, and emergency communications
- Expert commentary explaining the reasoning and intent behind the rules, with hands-on examples of how to implement requirements
- Guidance for hospital administrators and contractors on how to apply the latest health care occupancy provisions
- All-new commentary for ensuring life safety in malls
- More than 750 images including photos and charts, tables, illustrations, and diagrams not found in the Code -- all in full color for better visual clarification of NFPA 101 provisions
- A matrix comparing the 2015 and 2018 editions of NFPA 101 that gives you an overview of technical/substantive changes at a glance
If public safety depends on you, look to the 2018 edition of the NFPA 101 Handbook for essential support.
Whether you're a building owner, architect, designer, contractor, engineer, AHJ, or inspector, NFPA's unique 2018 edition Life Safety Code Handbook helps you apply requirements properly to protect building occupants throughout the life of the building.