This is a direct ship from the manufacturer which requires a $10.00 handling fee per NFPA
Help ensure the integrity of critical life safety water-based fire protection systems with the newly revised NFPA 25.
Properly functioning fire sprinklers can significantly reduce the extent of property damage and increase the chance of building occupants escaping a fire. However, keeping these systems in optimal condition calls for a thorough understanding of complex mechanics, equipment, and practices.
NFPA 25, Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems, is incorporated by reference in many US states and offers comprehensive requirements for helping to ensure suppression systems are ready to respond in the event of an emergency.
The updated and expanded NFPA 25, 2020 edition, is the most current and complete document covering ITM of water-based fire protection systems.
NFPA 25 is the industry benchmark for inspection, testing, and maintenance, including fire pump operation and flow tests, evaluation techniques such as sprinkler inspections, valve status tests, internal piping assessments, and forward flow tests for backflow preventers. From risk assessments and preparing preplanned impairment reports to performance-based testing programs and hydrant flushing and testing, you get expert-developed content reflecting the most current standards and technologies.
Significant changes and additions to NFPA 25 include:
- The addition of the definition for the term electrically operated sprinklers and of inspection, testing, and maintenance requirements to account for the new technology
- New provisions addressing recalled sprinklers in Chapter 4 and a new section on dry hydrants in Chapter 7
- Modifications of dry sprinkler test intervals from 10 years to 15 years
- Clarifications to automated testing requirements for waterflow alarm devices
- Edits in Chapter 8 to clarify that energized pump controllers for safety reasons should not be opened; and the introduction of the concept of an isolating switch in a separate compartment as part of the pump controller
- Revised requirements for fire pump annual flow tests and evaluations
- The inclusion of several new requirements in Chapter 12 regarding water mist systems
Minimize hazards and help protect lives and property by complying with the latest standard.
The importance of NFPA 25 to sprinkler system effective cannot be overstated—NFPA 13, Installation of Sprinkler Systems, requires that installers leave a copy of NFPA 25 with property owners.
Get the quintessential resource for helping building owners, facility managers, inspectors, and service providers collaborate to improve fire suppression in commercial and residential installations. Order your copy of NFPA 25, Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems, today.