- Adopted and integrated provisions from the 2010 ASCE/SEI 7: Minimum Design Loads of Buildings and Other Structures to incorporate the state of the art for building design for structural loads including seismic, wind, and snow loads
- Revised criteria relating to the design and construction of fire service access elevators
- Added requirements for materials used in ceiling cavity and raised floor plenums, extracted from the 2012 NFPA 90A: Standard for the Installation of Air-Conditioning and Ventilating Systems
- New Annex Y referencing ASHRAE 189.1: Standard for the Design of High-Performance Green Buildings
- Changes involving hazardous material use, including better coordination with the 2010 NFPA 400: Hazardous Materials Code and adjustments to the maximum allowable quantity values to ensure safe handling and storage of volatile chemicals
Update to the 2012 NFPA 5000® and base your design and construction decisions on a strong foundation of current knowledge.
Fully revised to reflect the latest industry developments and technologies, the 2012 NFPA 5000: Building and Construction Safety Code® presents the latest requirements for construction, protection, and occupancy features needed to safeguard lives and property.
Order your 2012 NFPA 5000 today and build in safety right from the start! (Softbound, 625 pp., 2012)