This is a direct ship from the manufacturer which requires a $10.00 handling fee per NFPA
Get up to date and compliant with the 2020 NEC in a durable, customizable looseleaf format.
In the rapidly evolving and expanding the electrical industry, it's critical to have the resources you need to be prepared for the very latest challenges and hazards. Since 1897, NFPA 70®, National Electrical Code® (NEC®), has set the standard for safe residential, commercial, and industrial work across the country and around the world.
Incorporated by reference in all 50 states, the 2020 NEC offers the most current requirements for safer and more effective electrical design, installation, and inspection, including provisions for wiring, overcurrent protection, grounding, and equipment. The looseleaf edition features a durable, five-ring binder in which you can insert and organize the specific technical information, tables, and other content you need for your project within the relevant sections of the code.
Be ready for the electrical challenges of tomorrow, today, with access to the cutting-edge requirements of the new NEC.
NFPA 70, NEC, is continually reviewed and periodically updated to reflect the latest practices, trends, and technologies in the industry. The looseleaf 2020 edition has been enhanced and revised to provide state-of-the-art requirements and information for safe and effective electrical work.
Significant changes include:
- New requirements for exterior emergency disconnects of one- and two-family dwellings for improved electrical safety for emergency responders
- Revisions to service disconnect rules to help protect electrical workers from arc flash hazards
- Adapted and adjusted requirements for installation practices of new technologies to meet the evolving demand of power over Ethernet
- Updates to modernize tables currently in use for calculations to reflect improvements in energy efficiency and align with evolving codes
- Revised requirements for ground-fault protection within marinas and boatyards
- Introduction of requirements for the safe use of electric vehicles (electric vehicle power export equipment) as a backup or emergency power source for a building or a home
- Reorganization of Article 310, including new user-friendly numbering for important ampacity tables, and a new definition for cable bundle in Article 725
- Relocation of surge protection device requirements to new Article 242
- Revisions to alternative energy systems and electric vehicle requirements to clarify what portions of the PV system are covered by the provisions of Article 690 and the line side and load side connections of interconnected power supply sources, and to clearly distinguish energy storage systems from storage battery systems
- Reorganization of Article 800 to provide a general set of requirements to apply throughout Chapter 8 articles
- Revisions to requirements for communications cables that are also carrying power to communication devices and revisions to the current limit for cables carrying power and data
The NEC, 2020 edition, introduces significant new requirements for:
- The residential installation of receptacle outlets serving island and peninsular countertops and for surge protection of services supplying dwelling units
- Working space for “housekeeping pads” for electrical equipment, the installation of wiring methods in exit enclosures, sizing supply and load conductors used with adjustable-speed drive systems, and AFCI protection of branch circuits inpatient sleeping areas in care facilities
- Calculating a load of electric vehicle supply equipment with variable current settings
- Worker safety in identifying the source of power for disconnecting means and for egress from spaces containing large electrical equipment
- Grounding of disconnecting means installed on the supply-side of service disconnecting means
- Cables installed exposed on ceiling surfaces and sidewalls
- Special occupancies, special equipment, and special conditions, including installation of splash pads, the use of “Type P” cables in hazardous classified locations, and the reinspection of swimming pools and other bodies of water
Keep the vital information you need to help protect lives and property at your fingertips!
This performance-boosting product is essential for busy electrical professionals looking to improve on-the-job safety and proficiency.