- New terms and more thorough details regarding the inspection, testing, and maintenance of doors and other opening protectives in the completely reorganized Chapter 5
- New information regarding documentation and record retention of inspections and tests
- Revised rules for field modifications of equipment
- Revised rules concerning initial testing and periodic inspection and testing
- Updates to maintenance provisions
- New requirements on the use and types of hinges for swinging doors
The 2013 NFPA 80 reflects the latest advances in fire doors and opening protectives equipment and installations, for easier ITM and better fire protection throughout your building.
Revised for ease of use and updated with new terminology, the 2013 edition of NFPA 80: Standard Fire Doors and Other Opening Protectives helps you maximize protection against the spread of fire and smoke through thorough application and enforcement of requirements for opening protectives -- especially annual inspections and testing.
From fire doors and fire windows to fabric fire safety curtains and fire dampers, NFPA 80 covers it all.
This comprehensive edition is essential for everyone involved in building fire safety, from door/opening protective and hardware manufacturers to AHJs and fire door inspectors, building owners, building managers, maintenance professionals, and testing laboratories. (Softbound, 83 pp., 2013)