- UL, ULC, and CSFM Listed
- Service Pressure: Up to 450 PSI (31 BAR)
- Flow Required for Alarm: 3.0 GPM (11.4 LPM)
- Maximum Surge: 18 FPS (5.5 m/s)
- Power Requirements
- STANDBY: 10ma at 120V AC or 1.5ma at 24V AC/DC
- ALARM: 40ma at 120V AC or 35ma at 24V AC/DC
- Contact Ratings: DPDT (Form C), 2 Amps at 0-30VDC or 0-125VAC resistive
- Conduit Entrances: 2 knockouts provided for ½" conduit
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use with factory installed gasket and die-cast housing.
- NEMA 4 Rated Enclosure - use with appropriate conduit fitting.
- Temperature Range: 40°F/120°F, 4,5°C/49°C
- Caution: This device is not intended for applications in explosive environments.
- Nominal OD and Wall Thickness:
- 2" (60.3mm OD), 3.9mm to 4.5mm wall
- 2 1/2" (73.0mm OD), 4.8mm to 5.2mm wall
- 2 1/2" (76.1mm OD), 4.3mm to 4.7mm wall
- 3" (88.9mm OD), 5.0mm to 5.6mm wall
- 4" (114.3mm OD), 5.4mm to 6.4mm wall
- Service use: Water mist systems where low flow for alarm is required.
The Model VSG is a flexible vane type of waterfl ow switch for use in wet pipe water mist systems where a low flow for alarm is required. It is designed for installation in sections of 2 to 4 inch (50mm to 100mm) stainless steel or brass pipe with wall thickness in accordance with the above specifi cations (see "Nominal OD and Wall Thickness").
The unit may also be used as a sectional waterflow detector on largesystems.
The unit contains an output relay and an adjustable electronic retard. The relay is actuated when a flow of 3 gallons per minute (11.4 LPM) or more occurs downstream of the device. The flow condition must exist for a period of time necessary to overcome the selected retard period.
The unit is enclosed in a general purpose, die-cast housing. The cover is held in place with two tamper resistant screws which require a special key for removal. A fi eld installable cover tamper switch is available as an option which may be used to indicate unauthorized removal of the cover.
|Model||Pipe Size||Hole Size|
|VSG-2||2||50||1¼ + 1⁄8 - 1⁄16||33 ± 2|
|VSG-3||3||80||2 ± 1/8||50 ± 2|