- UL, ULC, CSFM Listed and NYMEA Accepted
- Service Pressure: Up to 300 PSI (20.7 BAR)
- Flow Sensitivity Range for Signal: 4-10 GPM (15-38 LPM) UL
- Maximum Surge: 18 FPS (5.5 m/s)
- Enclosure: Die-cast, red enamel finish. Cover held in place with tamper resistant screws
- Contact Ratings:
- Two sets of SPDT (Form C)
- 10.0 Amps at 125/250VAC
- 2.0 Amps at 30VDC Resistive
- 10 mAmps min. at 24VDC
- Conduit Entrance: One opening for ½" conduit. Individual switch compartments suitable for dissimilar voltages.
- Listed plastic, copper and schedule 40 iron pipe
- For pipe sizes - 1" (25mm), 1¼" (32mm), 1½" (38mm), and 2" (50mm)
- Note: 12 paddles are furnished with each unit, one for each pipe size of threaded and sweat TEE, one for 1" CPVC, one for 1" CPVC (Central), one for 1" Nibco threaded tee, and one for 1½" threaded (Japan).
- NEMA 4 / IP54 Rated enclosure suitable for indoor or outdoor use with factory installed gasket and die-cast housing when used with appropriate conduit fitting.
- Temperature range: 40°F / 120°F, 4,5°C/49°C
The Model VSR-S is a vane type waterflow switch for use on wet sprinkler systems that use 1" (25mm), 1¼" (32mm), 1½" (38mm) or 2" (50mm) pipe size. The unit may also be used as a sectional waterflow detector on large systems.
The unit contains two single pole double throw snap action switches and an adjustable, instantly recycling pneumatic retard. The switches are actuated when a flow of 10 gallons per minute (38 LPM) or more occurs downstream of the device. The flow condition must exist for a period of time necessary to overcome the selected retard period.
The VSR-S switches and retard device are enclosed in a general purpose, die-cast housing. The cover is held in place with two tamper resistant screws which require a special key for removal. A field installable cover tamper switch is available as an option which may be used to indicate unauthorized removal of the cover.