Battery voltage alone is not a reliable parameter for determining remaining capacity and condition; it also does not indicate whether the battery will be able to deliver power when placed under load. Rather than simply displaying a voltage reading, the cell checker determines a battery's remaining power capacity by measuring its ability to maintain voltage levels while under load. The tester then makes an assessment based on these readings and displays the remaining percentage capacity of the battery.
Pulse load testers verify that a battery can deliver power by actually making it deliver power. The duration and repetition of the load test cycle varies depending on the battery type being tested. Factors that are considered when determining the size and duration of the pulse load are battery design (high rate or low rate), battery chemistry, and the battery's typical application. This helps ensure that the power demand on the battery during the pulse load test will be comparable to what the battery experiences under normal operation conditions.
Ideal for testing fire and security alarm systems. Using pulse load technology, it provides a comprehensive test of a battery's state of charge and condition
The CELLPAC no longer contains a Magnet!
- Computes State of Charge for lead acid battery types (SLA,AGM, Gel, Flooded)
- Tests battery condition - quickly and easily identifies weak or failing batteries
- Simple to operate, genuine Pulse Load testing with test results in 15 seconds
- Tests 2-volt, 4-volt, 6-volt, 8-volt or 12-volt batteries up to 200AH
- Measures battery performance under load, not just voltage or internal resistance
- Ideal for battery management and cell matching - reduce costs and increase reliability
- Made and serviced in the USA
|Testing Capabilities (modes)
6-volt [1-4AH, 5-15AH, 16-50AH, 20-100AH, 50-200AH]
8-volt [2-20AH, 20-100AH]
12-volt [1-4AH, 5-15AH, 16-50AH, 20-100AH, 50-200AH]
|4 x AA batteries (not included)
|After 20 minutes w/o test activity
|8 LEDs - colors green, yellow, red
|Magnitude varies according to battery type. Test duration: Approximately 15 seconds.
|48" rubber coated lead wire, solid copper clamps, R/A sheathed banana plugs
|9.25 x 6.25 x 2.00 inches
|Approximately 32 oz (908 g)