| || |
The SD505-APS is particularly suited to detecting dense smoke typical of fires involving materials such as soft furnishings, plastic, foam or other similar materials which tend to smolder and produce large visible smoke particles.
The detector features automatic compensation for contamination and a simple detector sensitivity test procedure that can be run from the panel or remotely (using the IntelliKnight 5590 or 5595 software with a Windows TM based computer). The SD505-APS unit is made up of an LED light source and a silicon photo diode receiving element. In a normal standby condition, the receiving element receives no light from the pulsing light source. In the event of fire, smoke enters the detector and light is reflected from the smoke particles to the receiving element. The light received is converted into an electronic signal. Under normal conditions, the status LED blinks approximately every 15 seconds, indicating that the head is communicating with the loop. The LED lights continuously during the alarm period.
- Low profile, 2 inches with base (base NOT included)
- Simple and reliable addressing without mechanical switches
- Automatic compensation for sensor contamination
- Built-in fire test feature
- Simple detector sensitivity testing through the control panel or remotely through a Windows- based computer. (5590 or 5595 software required for remote testing.)
- Adjustable sensitivity
- Vandal-resistance locking features
- Field cleanable
Operating Voltage: 17-41 VDC
Standby: .55 mA
Alarm: .55 mA
Ambient Temperature: 32°F to 122°F, (0°C to 50°C)
Mounting: 4” SQR, 4” OCT, Single gang mud ring