Mounting a standard 4” device to a ceiling the grid can be difficult, but this single piece of hardware makes secure installation fast and easy with minimal tools necessary.
One-piece design with 18 gauge galvanized arms and mounting plate. The appliance box also includes six 1/2” and 3/4” pre-punched conduit knockouts. Brackets clip snugly between ceiling grid and tile per NFPA 70 314.23 (D)(1). Each arm is designed with 4 mounting claws to grip the tile and stabilize the unit horizontally. Ends of brackets can be adjusted with pliers to grip the grid tightly for proper vertical support. A utility knife must be used to cut ceiling tiles and install the device onto the mounting plate. Each vertical upright corner includes a 1/8” hole to accommodate a support wire, independently secured to the superstructure, when required.
- One-piece design with 18 gauge galvanized arms and mounting plate
- Countersunk 8-32 mounting holes accommodate self-aligning screws to secure 4” square devices without danger of cross threading
- Keyhole screw slots for easy and precise mounting
- 4 claws on each arm to stabilize the unit during device installation
- The appliance box is suitable for mounting strobes and speakers from most manufacturers