If you are fed up with replacing your fire extinguishers, this sturdy, tamperproof, self-contained device is the answer. It has proven highly effective in helping stop theft, misuse or vandalism of fire extinguishers. Yet, it leaves the extinguisher totally accessible for emergencies and does not interfere with fire fighting in any way.
If the protected fire extinguisher is moved from its normal position, the device emits a piercing alarm. Also, the highly visible stop sign design and the words “STOP, EMERGENCY USE ONLY” discourages wrongful use. The device is easy to install and a deactivation cable is supplied for ease in servicing the extinguisher. 9 VDC alkaline battery is included.
- Highly visible "stop sign" design discourages wrongful use of extinguisher.
- Sounds a powerful 105 dB warning horn when activated, drawing attention in a hurry (95 dB low volume setting can be set if desired).
- Virtually indestructible polycarbonate housing.
- Compact design 5.375 in. (137mm) in diameter and 2 in. (51mm deep). Mounts easily next to extinguisher.
- Remote powered 12 VDC model available for special applications (STI-6200R).
- Also available in green housing to comply with newer standards (STI-6200G).
- Deactivation cable provided for service by authorized personnel.
- 9 VDC alkaline battery is provided.
- Lifetime guarantee against breakage of polycarbonate housing with normal use (one year on electronic components).
- For fire extinguishers housed in cabinets, refer to STI-6255 Mini Theft Stopper®.
This sturdy, tamper resistant, self-contained device helps prevent the theft or vandalism of fire extinguishers. Experience has shown its highly visible "stop sign" design is itself an effective deterrent. The device contains a 9 VDC battery (included), a 95/105 dB horn and a unique steel cable operated switch mechanism. When the extinguisher is removed, the galvanized steel cable is pulled out of the alarm and the horn sounds.
- Reduces theft of vital fire extinguishers
- Reduces vandalism of fire extinguishers
- Completely self-contained
- Permitted by fire marshals because it does not interfere with fire fighting in any way
- Remote powered 12 VDC version available
- Lifetime warranty against breakage of polycarbonate housing
STI-6200 Fire Extinguisher Theft Stopper
STI-6200R Fire Extinguisher Theft Stopper with 12 volt, remote powered horn
18015-9 6 in. deactivation cable used during service times
18015-RC Replacement cable and crimp 16-18 in. long
|Housing||1/8 in. Polycarbonate |
|Power Source||9 VDC Alkaline |
|Warning Horn at 1 foot||95 dB - Low |
105 dB - High
|Cable||1/8 in. galvanized steel |
16-18 in. long
|Dimensions||5.375 in. W x 5.375 in. H x 2 in. D |
137mm x 137mm x 51mm
|Standby Current||None |
|Alarm Current||40 mA at 95 dB |
150 mA at 105 dB
|Recommended Operating Temperature||32°F to 120°F |
(0°C to 49°C)