- Barking dog alarm.
- It provides an excellent way to deter burglars.
- The closer the intruder gets, the more frequent the barking becomes.
- Controls at the top for easy access.
- Power by plugging into a standard electrical outlet or with six (6) C batteries.
- Voice messages or prompts:
- "Warming up" when power is applied
- "Armed" after warm up cycle is complete
- "Growl sound" when unit is muted (for dog sounds only)
- "Armed" when coming out of mute
- Sound selection switch to choose: Dogs, Greetings or Sirens
- "Please replace batteries" at power up or after mute button is pressed
- Speaker and batteries located low in the unit for stability.
- Water resistant flip top provides convenient access to the controls.
- Detection range: adjustable up to 26 feet (range reduced through obstructions).
- Detection angle: 150 degrees.
- Limited 90 day warranty.
In addition to the choice of a ferocious dog(s), Rex Plus II Electronic Watchdog also offers a siren or greeting announcer. Rex Plus II is versatile and provides an excellent way to deter burglars, without the annoying problems of owning a real dog. With his electronic radar eyes, Rex can "see" through thick doors, walls and glass. Once his cord is plugged into any standard 110 VAC electrical outlet, he’ll stay on duty around the clock.
Any indoor location can be selected where you wish to detect movement; such as hidden behind the front door. Turn Rex on and he begins detecting. When he detects movement, he starts to emit the sound you have selected. The closer the intruder gets, the more frequent the barking becomes. As the intruder backs off, the barking decreases in frequency, stopping completely when movement is out of range. It’s very realistic and very effective. There’s also a variable tap off feature to temporarily silence when you answer a door.Possible Issues
Some materials may have an adverse effect on the effective range of your Rex Plus II. The table below lists various materials and their potential effect on range.
|Material||Effect on Range |
|Fiberglass or Plastic ||No Effects |
|Wooden Doors ||Slight Reduction |
|Glass ||Slight Reduction |
|Curtain Material ||Slight Reduction |
|Paper Cartons/Cardboard ||Slight Reduction |
|Plaster/Drywall Walls ||Medium Reduction |
|Metal (Steel doors, aluminum or steel siding) ||Heavy Reduction |
Additionally, Rex Plus II uses a 2.4GHz microwave radar detection system. It shares operation in a band of frequencies along with other electronic devices, such as microwave ovens, WI-Fi, wireless keyboards and other wireless controls. These can also cause undesirable false detections. Reducing the sensitivity and repositioning the unit to aim away from these sources can be helpful.