| || |
- Plug-in detector line mounting base included
- Large wire entry port
- In-line terminals with SEMS screws
- Mounts to octagonal and single-gang backboxes, 4-square backboxes, or direct to ceiling
- Stop-Drop N Lock™ attachment to base
- Removable detector cover and chamber for easy cleaning
- Built-in remote maintenance signaling
- Drift compensation and smoothing algorithms
- Simplified sensitivity measurement
- Wide angle, dual color LED indication
- Loop testing via EZ Walk feature
- Built-in test switch
System Sensor’s i3™ series smoke detectors represent a significant advancement in conventional detection. The i3 family is founded on three principles: Installation ease, Intelligence, and Instant inspection.
The i3 line redefines installation ease with its plug-in design. This allows an installer to pre-wire the bases included with the heads. The large wire entry port and in-line terminals provide ample room for neatly routing the wiring inside the base. The base accommodates a variety of back box mounting methods as well as direct mounting with drywall anchors. To complete the installation, i3 heads plug-in to the base with a simple Stop-Drop ’N Lock action.
i3 detectors offer a number of intelligent features to simplify testing and maintenance. Drift compensation and smoothing algorithms are standard with the i3 line, to minimize nuisance alarms. When connected to the 2W-MOD2, or a panel equipped with the i3 protocol, 2-wire i3 detectors are capable of generating a remote maintenance signal when they are in need of cleaning. This signal is indicated via an LED located at the module and the panel. To read the sensitivity of i3 detectors, the SENS-RDR is a wireless device that displays the sensitivity in terms of percent per foot obscuration.
The i3 series provides wide angle red and green LED indicators for instant inspection of the detector condition, indicating: normal standby, out-of-sensitivity, alarm, or freeze trouble conditions. When connected to the 2W-MOD2 loop test/maintenance module or a panel with the i3 protocol, the EZ Walk loop test feature is available on 2-wire i3 detectors. This feature verifies the initiating loop wiring by providing LED status indication at each detector.