TERMS and CONDITIONS
Payment terms are Net 30 unless otherwise noted. Any invoice that is not paid within 30 days is subject to finance charges at a rate of 1.5% of the unpaid balance per month (18% per year). Any invoice over 90 days overdue will be sent to collections, and the buyer agrees to pay all reasonable collection, attorney, and court fees associated with collection efforts on TC Life Safety’s behalf.
Warranties and Liability
The products supplied by TC Life Safety are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship only to the extent the individual manufacturers' warranty their product. No other warranty, whether express or implied, shall exist in connection with the sale or use of these products included any warranty or merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. The warranty begins from the date of purchase.
TC Life Safety's liability shall be limited to either the replacement of goods or credit of the purchase price and in no case shall TC Life Safety be liable for incidental or consequential damages.
Some of the equipment TC Life Safety sells requires technical knowledge and should be installed by professional installation companies trained and licensed in accordance with your local and state requirements. Many states require licensing to install electronic equipment in locations other than ones that would be considered for "self-installation". It is the policy of TC Life Safety to request that laws governing business be adhered to.
TC Life Safety is not responsible for typographical errors, clerical errors, or omissions on its web site or within any of the installation manuals or cut sheets provided by the manufacturers and made available to you. Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice. Website registration does not automatically constitute the right to purchase at these prices. Quantities could be limited and subject to inventory availability. TC Life Safety reserves the right to refuse any orders.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
TC LifeSafety, Inc. wants to ensure that you are satisfied with every purchase you make over the phone or online. If you encounter a problem with your purchase such as:
There are environmental conditions that inhibit the proper functioning of your purchase
We advised you on a purchase that did not fix or solve your problem
TC LifeSafety, Inc. offers the best in the business 30 Day Money Back Guarantee for several of our products and services. Simply contact us during our regular business hours at (8 AM – 5 PM EST, Mon. thru Fri.) at (800) 837-8175 and we will issue a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number.
Note: Shipping and Handling Charges are not refundable as well as Special Order Items.
Shipping discrepancies for missing items or items damaged in transit must be reported within 10 days of delivery by calling us during our regular business hours at (8 AM – 5 PM EST, Mon. thru Fri.) at (800) 837- 8175.
TC Life Safety is not responsible for lost or damaged shipments.
Return Material Authorization (RMA) Number
All returns MUST have a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. To receive an RMA number, please contact our Customer Service Team during our regular business hours at (8 AM – 5 PM EST, Mon. thru Fri.) at (800) 837-8175. Items received without an RMA number will be held for 30 days and then disposed of if unclaimed.
Note: Products on the Ineligible for Return List (see below) cannot be returned for any reason unless approved by TC LifeSafety Management.
- You will be subject to a restocking fee as determined by the TCLS Management.
- You may take your credit either against the original method of purchase (Credit Card, Amazon.com, etc...) or have the option of store credit.
- Any shipping charges accrued by TC LifeSafety, Inc. are non-refundable unless the return is due to our error or a product defect.
- Any "Advanced Replacements" for defective goods, In or Out of Warranty, must be paid for before shipment and credit (if due) will be made to cover the total cost of the replacement order when the original product is received and inspected. At no time will parts be shipped at No Charge unless authorized by TCLS Management.
- Return Shipping Instructions
- Products must be returned in new resalable condition:
- Call 800-837-8175 for an RMA Number
- Include all original packaging materials
- All manuals and warranty registration cards must be unmarked
- Carefully repackage and double-box the merchandise with the RMA number clearly displayed on the outside of the shipping box
- Please do not write on, place any stickers or shipping labels on the manufacturer's original package, as it will not be accepted for refund, always place in a separate shipping box.
Send the return package to the following address:
TC LifeSafety, Inc.
283 Park Ave
Worcester, MA 01609
Attn: Returns Dept. RMA #________
We recommend your return shipment insured and shipped with a tracking number. TC Life Safety, Inc. is not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer unless otherwise determined by TCLS Management.
Products Ineligible for Return
- Returns will be returned to the customer at their expense and cost.
- Examples of products that are not eligible for return are as follows:
- Any items shipped outside the Continental U.S.
- Items determined to be Special Order will be noted as such on the website. An email will be sent to the buyer advising them of the product’s status as a "Special Order Item".
- Any Electronics that have been "powered up".
- Any product that has been mounted.
- Any product, original packaging, retail box, and or manuals that have been written or marked on
- Any product that is returned without all original packaging and accessories, including the retail box, manuals, cables, and all other items originally included with the product.
- Any product that exhibits physical damage.
- Cans of Test Gas or Compressed Air.
- 500' Reels of West Penn Wire Cable
- Books, unless they are in their original plastic vacuum wrap.
- Any Items Marked "Clearance" or “Sale”.
- Others as determined by TCLS management.
We will issue a credit to your charge account (less any accrued shipping charges) upon receipt of your returned merchandise if it is in good order and in accordance with the full policy listed above, as well as returned within 60 days of original delivery. You may elect to receive a store credit towards another purchase at TC LifeSafety, Inc., or simply receive a refund.
Refunds for returned item(s) will be issued in the same payment form as tended at the time of your purchase. If payment was made by credit card, PayPal, or check, please allow 5-10 business days for a credit to be processed after receipt of return. When the refund has been processed, please allow 7-10 business days for a credit to appear on your credit card statement. If payment was made by check, the refund check will be issued after 20 days from the date of receipt of goods.
TC Life Safety ships exclusively via UPS. All orders received by 2:00 PM EST, Monday-Friday (excluding state and federal holidays) will generally ship the same day. If you have an urgent order, please indicate such in the Special Instructions section of the checkout process online, or to the sales representative on the phone. We will do everything possible to get your order to you when and where you need it.
Some items may be drop-shipped from our suppliers. TC Life Safety is not responsible for product availability from its manufacturers or shipment availability from any transportation company.
All claims for damage incurred during shipment shall be the responsibility of the carrier. Freight claims should be placed with the freight carrier. UPS requires customer-initiated inspection call for damaged merchandise upon receipt of shipment. No shortages will be honored past 7 days of shipment.
TC Life Safety is not responsible for product availability from its manufacturers or shipment availability from any transportation company.
All claims for damage incurred during shipment shall be the responsibility of the carrier. Freight claims should be placed with the freight carrier. UPS requires customer-initiated inspection call for damaged merchandise upon receipt of shipment.
For a complete list of customer support topics and answers, please visit the following URL: http://www.tclifesafety.com/customer-support.html