The Wheelock Series CH Chimes and Chime Strobes minimize alarm system power supply requirements and wiring costs with a low current draw and a patented chime mounting plate for fast, easy installation. Each model has a built-in level adjustment feature and an aesthetic two (2) screw grille cover.
These unique solid-state chime appliances provide field selectable single-stroke or vibrating operation with Anechoic sound levels adjustable up to 83 dB and tone adjustable from 800 to 1200 Hz.
Strobe options for wall mount models include 1575cd or Wheelock patented MCW multi-candela strobe with field selectable candela settings of 15/30/75/110cd or the high intensity MCWH strobe with field selectable 135/185cd.
Ceiling mount models are available in Wheelock patented MCC multi-candela ceiling strobe with field selectable intensities of 15/30/75/95cd or the high intensity MCCH strobe with field selectable 115/177cd.
The strobe portion of all Series CH Chime Strobes may be synchronized when used in conjunction with the Wheelock SM, DSM Sync Modules or the Wheelock PS-24-8MC Power Supply with patented Sync Protocol. Wheelock’s synchronized strobes offer an easy way to comply with ADA recommendations concerning photosensitive epilepsy as well as meeting the requirements of NFPA 72 and UFC.
The Series CH Chime Strobes are UL Listed for indoor, wall or ceiling mount applications under Standard 1971 for Signaling Devices for the Hearing-Impaired and under Standard 464 for Private Mode Audible Signal Appliances. They are available in two attractive package styles for flush mounting to standard electrical boxes or convenient surface mounting. All models include IN/OUT wiring terminations that accept two #12 to #18 AWG wires at each terminal. Inputs are polarized for compatibility with industry standard reverse polarity supervision.
- Approvals include: UL Standard 1971, UL Standard 464, New York City (MEA), and California State Fire Marshal (CSFM) and Chicago (BFP) See approvals by model in Specifications and Ordering Information
- ADA/NFPA/UFC/ANSI compliant
- Complies with OSHA 29 Part 1910.165
- Wall mount models are available with Field- Selectable Candela Settings of 15/30/75/110cd or 135/185cd (Multi-Candela models) or 1575cd (single candela model)
- Ceiling mount models are available with field selectable candela settings of 15/30/75/95cd or 115/177cd (Multi-candela models)
- Low current draw with temperature compensation to reduce power consumption and wiring costs
- Strobes produce 1 flash per second over the regulated voltage range
- 24 VDC with wide UL “Regulated Voltage” using filtered DC or unfiltered VRMS input voltage
- Synchronize with Wheelock SM, DSM or the Wheelock PS-24-8MC Power Supply with built-in sync protocol
- Adjustable Volume and Tone Control
- Single Stroke or Vibrating Operation
- Fast Installation with IN/OUT screw terminals using #12 to #18 AWG wires